The son of the sun - Onew's Diary (translation)

Posted by mysweet891214LeeJinKi - -








Similar yet Different, Slowly, Relax

Due to oversea promotions and schedules in recent few years, the amount of flights taken abroad has increased.
Wonder if people who loves travelling will let out a “Wah, so jealous” upon seeing my passport full of stamps.
To be honest, oversea performances and schedules isn’t as relaxing as it seems (T/N: I think he means sth like it’s hard to enjoy the scenery/unseen places etc cos their schedules are always so packed?).
Besides, in countries where people already know us, we are unable to casually walk beyond the hotel area so the chances of experiencing local cultures in different countries is very limited indeed.
Sometimes when people ask me what dishes I enjoyed the most abroad, my answer is “Room Service” and once someone even fell backwards upon hearing my answer.(T/N: Guess the person was “shocked”? LOL)
Perhaps the reason why I enjoyed this trip must be this reason; the ability to relax and enjoy the Spanish culture.
No matter which restaurant, I can still see many Spanish dishes I have never seen before.
Following “Spain Time”, always eating breakfast and dinner really late, entertainment past midnight, going to the market to buy fruits to make sandwiches etc, all these made a big impression on me.

Out of all these things, I happened to meet K’s friend, Jordy and his family. It’s a wonderful experience I will never forget for a very long time
Natalia and Jordy couple, who gave birth to 2 kids: 4 year old Geel and 2 year old Naury
Whenever they have spare time, they will stroll around the park in front of their house.
Strolling across the park in loose casual clothes, with fruits + sandwiches, the walk transforms into a picnic.
The kids play crazily bare-footed on the green grass. The area becomes bigger so worries also becomes bigger I guess. But weirdly dad & mom looked more relaxed and easy-going than in their crowded little home.
The time we spent together,
The brunch and mini-picnic we prepared together.
As though a Barcelona resident singing songs and playing peek-a-boo with Jordy and the kids
Enjoying daily-life casually at the park
Ah, how long has it been this relaxing
That picnic, 5 guys, happily running in the park


Everyone is sleeping but I’m awake alone

Barcelona is really an interesting city
Lively, exciting, fulfilling, that’s why there isn’t any moment when I felt bored
Perhaps in the far far future, coming here for honeymoon trip with the person I marry might be an interesting idea
Or perhaps come visit here with parents after a few years is a good choice too
Will have this type of thinking but interestingly, after coming back (home), keep thinking over and over again
Rather than searching non-stop for those local small shops in small streets & lanes or whatever places
What made a big impression on me was relaxing and observing quietly the people who walked past the small coffee-shop next to the church
After some time, thinking back about Barcelona should have a “Ah, spent a great time in this city listening to the church bells ringing” kind of thinking?
Hearing the bell sounds from the quiet streets whilst the city is still sleeping
All the worries and thoughts are vanished
Becoming touched without any reasons
Staying in place until the coffee becomes cool
It will be even better if there is someone to talk to (T/N: Since he was sitting in the coffee shop alone XD)
If that person can spy into my heart (T/N: he means sth like if that person can understand what he is feeling)
Even if it is just a little bit, it’s great
Even if it is not like that, it doesn’t matter

The angle of sunlight shining on the ground, the weight of the lights, the clamorous sounds, the unfamiliar atmosphere that brings along a happy mood
Pairing with this scenery, no matter who is next to you or if you are alone, it doesn’t matter as you can still feel the happiness
Until now, one of the reasons why I can still vaguely remember the memories in Barcelona is this type of relaxing atmosphere (time) that only belonged to me called “SIESTA”
Not much talking, but the time when your hearts are opened fully

As I cherish this moment a lot, I dropped down quite a few words
As oppose to the photos Key captured, I’m more of the type to write words to express my feelings
Seems like rather than digital, I’m more of an analogue person
Using “write articles” to describe writing diaries at that time (in Barcelona) seem to be a bit too generous
Using “record” seems more suitable
Bringing a little notepad whilst travelling. Organizing and writing down everything that is on my head when time allows
Although there is a tendency of using notepad on mobile phones lately, I seem to write down stuff using words more than taking pictures.
I have been writing diaries ever since I was young till now
But never dare to read what I have written when I was young, although curious, I have never once opened it to read again.
Perhaps you can say I’m shy/embarrassed, as it is stuff that only I know about
Feel embarrassed that I’m reading about a younger myself? (T/N: He means like he feels embarrassed reading about what he has written in the past)
Like that, just want to treasure (keep) it.
Instead, I will occasionally flip open letters that I have received from friends in primary school
A lot of friends wrote “you really suit yellow clothes”. Whenever I read that, I start laughing for a long time
Do I really wear yellow clothes a lot?

In Barcelona, walking though historical architectures, there is a slight moment of joy
If I think deeply whilst walking towards them. Comparing with new modern architectures, you can feel as though they are telling you “kid, I was born before your grandpa’s grandpa”
That kind of thought is too interesting
Is it because I like talking to my soul?
Like walking in a movie, Or like walking in an animation. Where different generations can be exchanged
Sometimes the people who walk past you might be from other generations
Came here through a time machine
Thinking all these whilst walking slowly
This to me are all happy attractive memories

PS:
About “SIESTA”
In Spanish, “SIESTA” means nap, and it occurs everyday from 1pm.
Everyone here are deeply engaged with their nap until 6pm when the sun slowly sets.
A day’s highlight happens on the 2nd half.
The Mediterranean sea sunlight, the gentle sea-breeze, the fragrant red wine, the delicious chef salad, Picasso’s drawings, scenes after scenes of relaxing south-European movies, Madrid’s street football, Latin America’s mysterious legends, French pop-songs, Bossa Nova…
All these are enjoyable methods to “support” Spain’s dreamland, which is also how Siesta’s music idea came from.

source: son of the sun (page 129-131)
english trans: vivz @ sp
source: son of the sun (page 239-241)
eng trans: vivz @ sp

Leave a Reply